Superfreak Maui Edition
The 2020 SuperFreak Maui Edition is our hybrid freewave sail. This sail is 50% SuperFreak and 50% a modern X-ply wave sail. We extended the use of X-ply on this sail to both increase the visual benefits of more SlamLam® x-ply window material (see more!) and increase the direct feel of this sail. Though the sail is a SuperFreak at heart, it is a lot lighter than older ones and has a crisper new feel. This is also the SuperFreak you want in near freezing conditions when the strength of the SlamLam® window is unaffected by cold.
This 2020 is again a lighter sail with extreme maneuverability. It is designed for wave riding, bump and jump or for freestyle as there is more room for your body to move in extreme moves. Landing jumps like a back loop is easier with the looser leech. Power is strong; with better pull out of low wind situations due to the increased shape below the boom, and stiffer SLAMLAM® panels.
The 2 battens directly above the boom are both 90% in length, stopping just short of the mast sleeve. This batten design provides a super controllable, luffable sail that can be powered or de-powered in an instant. New for 2019 is the addition of our even lighter .55mm thickness lightweight ROX Webbing sleeve that is nearly indestructible and absorbs 80% less water than the original OX webbing.
Check out the weights below- these sails are lightweight again and amazing.
- 5 battens with exclusive SuperSkin® covers
- All the edges of woven cloths are folded and hemmed under
- New .55mm thickness ROX® Webbing UHMWPE luff sleeve
- Durable Dacron® with all seams are glued and triple stitched
- Next generation SLAMLAM® window stays clear longer
- Extremely crease and wrinkle resistant
- Smooth, and quiet power delivery
- Colorful & Lightweight
- Boom height markings printed inside and out the boom opening
- Genuine sailmaker’s leather chafe trim
- Fully accessible mini-battens
- New easy roll sleeve top
- Dimension “Flex” triple laminate luff top reinforcing
- Single position stainless steel press clew ring
- Foot edge raised bead for maximum deck chafe resistance
- Removable triple pulley downhaul in 316 Stainless and bronze
- Ribbed EVA mast pad with 5cm wide hook and loop closure
All SuperFreaks are available in custom colors, please let us know how you would like your new sail to look, alternatively you can choose one of the production colors. You may also request UL or Ultralight construction which utilizes kite canopy Dacron in the mid and upper leech for a softer, lighter feel.