Developed 8 years ago by Kauli Seadi, Jeffrey Henderson and Tom Hammerton, the sail has consistently proven itself as the undisputed finest and most respected 3 batten wave sail. Considered by many as one of the best wave sails regardless of number of battens. Three out of the last six Aloha Classic contests have been won by the KS3 sail in the pro division. It is the only 3 batten sail proven to be worthy at the highest level, and may be the best down the line wave sail in the world.
Last year we introduced the amazing Wave Vision window that is open all the way to the mast. The experience of wave riding with virtually no visual restrictions makes the 2022 a dramatic improvement. Oddly this feature is so helpful even on flat water as jibes and any maneuver become so much easier when you do not have to look through a “window”. This is the most significant change in the KS3 since its inception.
The KS3 is powerful yet unbelievably stable as the three batten design has radically less sail momentum which leads to faster response times and improved feel. The result is a more explosive wave ride and quicker action in the air. The result for those not wave sailing is an amazing new type of sail that seemingly does not get overpowered and maintains a locked in feel under all wind conditions.
The KS3 features our super light mast pad with extra cushioning and a new top chafe pad made from our lightweight ROX Webbing. The ROX material sleeve will resist even a broken mast!
In 2018 Jeffrey developed an amazing new batten SuperSkin® for all the 8mm battens that contains any failures allowing for mess free batten replacement with no sail damage. Now also the mini battens also get their own SuperSkin® reinforcing, eliminating shattered mini battens.
The KS3 is the most stable and direct sail in our line. It is also our best wave sail for larger sailors who now can use large size wave sails in heavy surf with no drawbacks.
- Jeffrey Henderson/Kauli Seadi design
- Our lightest, most nimble wave sail
- Three full-length battens with exclusive SuperSkin® reinforcing
- Two 3mm “mini” battens with exclusive SuperSkin® reinforcing
- Indestructible ROX Webbing UHMWPE luff sleeve
- “S” bend batten de-power and shape stability system
- New easy roll sleeve top
- DP® Sailcloth “Flex” triple laminate luff top reinforcing
- Single position 20mm stainless steel press clew ring
- Huge new DP® Sailcloth SLAMLAM® window stays clear longer
- DP® Sailcloth Technora® tack and clew reinforcing
- Boom height markings printed inside and out the boom opening
UHMWPE Spider webbing ripstop
- Fully accessible mini-battens
- Foot edge raised bead for maximum deck chafe resistance
- Removable triple pulley downhaul in 316 Stainless and bronze
- 900kg strength UHMWPE tack pulley webbing
- Ribbed EVA mast pad with 5cm wide hook and loop closure
New 2023 KS3 sail
- All New Sails, All Wave sails, KS3 Sails
- $755.00 – $940.00
- Select options