The 2022 QU4D features the exclusive Wave Vision window that is clear all the way to the mast. The experience of wave riding with virtually no visual restrictions makes the 2022 your best choice.
This feature allows you to not have to look through a “window” giving you a full visual range making jibes and other maneuvers more effortless as you carve and turn through the waves.
The QU4D incorporates a low clew option to improve down the line wave sailing. This allows the sail to mimic the KS3 boom angle that allows you to get up and under the lip better than the high clew position. The upper clew position is a better fit for extreme jumping and on shore sailing. Sailors who liked the QU4D but felt the KS3 was better down the line are now totally satisfied with QU4D in all conditions.
The QU4D is a great choice for those who enjoy jumping as much as wave riding. This sail flies through the air with a stability and accuracy that is stunning. The shorter luff lengths and boom
lengths encourage fast rotations too.
The QU4D features our super light 2 and 4 mil laminates which is combined with our new very clear SlamLam® reinforced window, making this a super strong wave sail which will take a pounding while remaining very light.
Designed to rig on short masts the overall rig weight is reduced further. You will only need a 400 to rig the 6.0m through 5.2m, a 370 to rig 5.0 through 4.3, and a 340 for the smallest sizes.
- 4 battens
- Huge new DP® Sailcloth SLAMLAM® window stays clear longer
- 2 clew positions rigging for down the line wave riding vs. jumping.
- 2 mil scrim super light laminates.
- Three full length battens with exclusive SuperSkin® reinforcing
- 2x3mm "mini" battens with exclusive SuperSkin® reinforcing
- Indestructible ROX Webbing UHMWPE luff sleeve
- “S” bend batten de-power and shape stability system
- New easy roll sleeve top
- DP® Sailcloth "Flex" triple laminate luff top reinforcing
- Technora® tack and clew reinforcing
- Boom height markings printed inside and out the boom opening
- Foot edge raised bead for maximum deck chafe resistance
- Removable triple pulley downhaul in 316 Stainless and bronze
- 900kg strength UHMWPE tack pulley webbing
- Ribbed EVA mast pad with 5cm wide hook and loop closure