A favorite freeride wave sail, the Firelight will transform the way you think about windsurfing. The first thing you notice about the Firelight is its light feel in your hand. Once on the water this is transferred into a smooth & direct feel in the hands, which redefines possibilities in your sailing. Whether you sail in onshore bump and jump or Kanaha perfection you will complete more maneuvers, build confidence and develop skills faster.
The unique feature of the Firelight is that it is an “automatic” sail. No pumping required, just hook in and old on. This sail is the favorite of windsurfing centers like Kanaha Kai on Maui, and Bonaire Windsurf Place who use them exclusively in free ride sizes 5.5 and below. They are just very easy to use.
The range was designed to rig on shorter masts compared to other sails in our lineup with the 6.0m perfectly suited to a 400cm which further reduces overall rig weight. The key materials used are the Technora patch reinforcing and the super light laminates we designed with USA based market leader DP Sailcloth@. These exotic materials enable us to deliver a super light and responsive sail, which is built to survive the toughest of conditions.
- 5 battens with our exclusive INTERWEAVE® batten system. This reduces swing weight and eliminates sand, water and materials that batten pockets hold.
- All battens with exclusive SuperSkin® reinforcing
- 3x 3mm “mini” battens with exclusive SuperSkin® reinforcing
- Optical clear extruded polyester window.
- Compact shaping with reduced mast length
- DP® Technora patches, FLEX® sleeve top fabric, and 2 mil scrim super light laminates.
- Reduced mast sleeve weight with 130g sides and technical UHMWPE .5mm thickness ROXWEBBING® front covering the mast is virtually unbreakable.
- New easy roll sleeve top
- DP® Sailcloth “Flex” triple laminate luff top reinforcing
- Single position 20mm stainless steel press clew ring