New 2023 KS3 Preorder now! 8/22 ETA
$755.00 – $860.00
Preorder only for KS3 2022. Scheduled to be in store late November.
Developed 11 years ago by Kauli Seadi, Jeffrey Henderson, and Tom Hammerton, the KS3 has consistently proven itself as the undisputed finest and most respected 3 batten wave sail. Considered by many as one of the best wave sails regardless of the number of battens, the KS3 has won many of the Aloha Classic contests in the pro division. In 2022 it won the first PWA wave contest in Capo Verde with Bernd Roediger beating the world’s best on his KS3. It is the only 3 batten sail proven to perform amazingly at the highest level of wave riding, and many have found it to be the best down the line wave sail in the world.
The KS3 is the most stable and direct sail in our line. It is powerful yet unbelievably stable as the three-batten design has radically less sail momentum which leads to faster response times and improved feel. The result is a more explosive wave ride and quicker action in the air. For those not in the waves, the KS3 is an amazing sail that seemingly does not get overpowered and maintains a locked-in feel under all wind conditions.
Last year we introduced the stunning Wave Vision window that opens to the mast. The experience of wave riding with virtually no visual restrictions makes this feature a dramatic improvement. It is helpful even on flat water while making jibes. It makes other maneuvers so much easier by having more visual peripheral perception which improves your balance. This is the most significant change in the KS3 since its inception.
We added of SPIDERwebbing® ripstop in the foot area and a new top chafe pad made from our recently improved lightweight ROX Webbing. The ROX material sleeve will resist even a broken mast!
Also, our ballistic batten SuperSkin® is used on all 8mm and mini battens. This skin adds structure and helps contain batten breakage allowing for mess-free replacement with no sail damage.
● Jeffrey Henderson/Kauli Seadi design
● Our lightest, most nimble wave sail
● Three full-length battens with exclusive SuperSkin® reinforcing
● Two 3mm “mini” battens with exclusive SuperSkin® reinforcing
● Stabilized indestructible ROX Webbing UHMWPE luff sleeve
● S bend batten de-power and shape stability system
● New easy roll sleeve top
● DP® Sailcloth "Flex" triple laminate luff top reinforcing
● Single position 20mm stainless steel press clew ring
● Huge new DP® Sailcloth SLAMLAM® window stays clear longer
● DP® Sailcloth Technora® tack and clew reinforcing
● Boom height markings printed inside and out the boom opening
UHMWPE Spider webbing ripstop
● Fully accessible mini-battens
● Foot edge raised bead for maximum deck chafe resistance
● Removable triple pulley downhaul in 316 Stainless and bronze
● 900kg strength UHMWPE tack pulley webbing
● Ribbed EVA mast pad with 5cm wide hook and loop closure
C7, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6
2.4, 2.5, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.9, 4.0, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 5.0, 5.2, 5.3, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 6.0, 6.1, 6.4, 6.5, 6.7, 6.8, 7.0, 7.3, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5