Topic: what??

I tried my 2019 superfreak for the first time last week. I have been sailing the quad this winter and really happy with it but then i sailed the superfreak...

My session was on a 4.0, head high onshore waves, rocky beach, washed over lava rocks, mega gusty. Everything set up for a not so perfect session. But it was awesome! -that sail just kept things smooth and in control. I was surprised how fast and in how much control forward loops were, jibes easy. Everything sooo easy i felt like a better sailor then i am smile I have never sailed a sail that i instantly get along with like the superfreak. Thanks for making a perfect sail smile

Looking forward to the next session, hopefully tomorrow smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: what??

what do you think is most different betwenn quqd and superfreak...?

thanks in advance

uwe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by rexi 2019-04-17 04:23:34)

I´ve only sailed the superfreak once so i will report more on it when i have had more sessions.

First impressions is that the feel is a bit less direct like it is described on the website but i somehow was expecting it to have less low end power. I was surprised how early it got me going, i was sailing with a buddy on a 4 batten naish sail which is quite powerful but during the lighter parts of the session i was planing earlier then him.

But back to the difference, first impression is that the sail has a bit of a more locked in feel then the quad but still very light in the hands and easy to move around. But then again i was on a 4.0 so that is a small sail that is easy to manouver perhaps the difference is more in the bigger sizes.

Where i sail, during winter sessions the wind can double within seconds and last for a few minutes. When the difference in windstrength is that massive i have had a hard time controlling the quad during the stormy periods but that is easier to manage on the superfreak.

I will write more about it when i have tried the sails some more.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

cool thanks for bloody fast answer...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool is right! Icelandic cool!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

There are few sails that have the grossly overpowered ease-of-handling to match the SuperFreak. So for really gusty conditions, I'd say it's got to be on the very short list of sails-of-choice.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Agreed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down