Topic: KSS/3 Love-in

Just had to post some Kudos to HSM - the last few sessions have made it so apparent what GREAT sails these are. I'm not even going to talk about maneuverability- because it is just a given that these are probably the most agile sails on the planet... What is so surprising is the range.

One very gusty day rigged 4.3 KSS & I weigh about 170lbs, my sailing buddy weighs about 200lbs & he rigged 5.2 KS3. Both of us were totally happy & seemed consistently well powered compared to the other guys out. Then last Friday it was super gusty again but this time gusting up to maybe 35mph. Once again I rigged a 4.3 KSS as there looked to be some nasty lulls... What a sweet sail! In the gust you can either just hang on & trust in the amazing stability, or if you just can't handle the speed it delivers, you can just sheet out a bit & feather in the most controlled & smooth way until the gust passes. Once again a couple of friends were out on KS3's: 200lb guy & 250lb guy both on 4.6 & both totally stoked. After the session people were coming up to us in the rigging area asking what was the deal with these sails! They seemed incredulous that a 3 batten sail could have such range... Anyway we were all singing the praises of the KS till the Ezzy guys started giving us dirty looks... wink

Thanks Jeffrey & Kauli for these awesome sails.... If you are a bump & jump or wave sailor & haven't tried one, you must.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: KSS/3 Love-in

ah, same here, got a kss 4.9 a few weeks ago, and I was out well powered up. Was there also the guy who bought my old qu4ds so asked him to switch with his 5.0 to feel differences side by side. You know what? He was sailing the 4.3, and I could plane happily anyway with it! p.s.  the day before I was sailing pretty full with the 4.9 while others were out with 5.2/5.7. That'll become my one-sail-quiver for air trips in places like Fuerte or Cabo Verde, making the >20kg bag dream a reality!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nice! I just got a new 4.9 KSS - can't wait to sail it, been too windy lately..... Have to post a pic too, Sexy looking sails. cool

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So I'm wondering if could reduce my wave quiver to my two Ks3 6,7 and 5,2, simply. 15 and 20 knots for my 90kg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

you need a 460 for the 6.7....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've got it, Fiberspar Radius RDM 95% 460/25

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ok

Thumbs up Thumbs down

8 (edited by calebchinookRD 2018-07-16 06:20:11)

Nico wrote:

So I'm wondering if could reduce my wave quiver to my two Ks3 6,7 and 5,2, simply. 15 and 20 knots for my 90kg

You could. My friend used to have only 5.2 & 4.0 & had no problem with the range... BUT... you miss out on some ideal sizes in between. He now has a 4.6 which he LOVES. So you would likely miss the 5.8 or 6.1 just because it is your common "sweet spot" size.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6.7 & 5.5 might be a better match....

Thumbs up Thumbs down