Topic: HSM Freestyle Pro 2017

Hi,

I bought the Freestyle Pro sails this year, and need some advice how to rig them. When i follow the description on the sail the leech is very loose, with a  deep luff, and the sail works like a classic wave sail. Is it supposed to be like this?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: HSM Freestyle Pro 2017

It depends on which year you have and what mast you are using? Give me a little more info. (also sizes)
Normally, the sail is not so down hauled and the outhaul is medium to flat setting for maximum pop and lighter feeling.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, I could also use some tpis and tricks for rigging the Freestyle Pro  properly. When I set the extension at the recommended 22 cm (for and 4.0 that is) and rig the sail on a 370 hotrod completely downhauled, there is minimal loose leach in the sail and the batten above the boom is stuck behind the mast. Seemed like insufficient downhaul to me (?) When I then set the extension at 24 cm and fully downhaul the sail, there is a lot of loose leach and the batten above the boom is pulled free from the mast. What setting to start from when trying this sail for the first time on the water? And how does the amount of downhaul affect the sail's characteristics?
Thanks! (PS I didn't check if the scale on my extension is actually accurate...)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Go between the 2 settings at 23, that should solve it. Also positive outhaul helps.

Thumbs up Thumbs down