Topic: What can I do now?

Good bye my KS3 completely wrecked against rocks, wrong place at the wrong time…

You touched my heart, you touched my soul,
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind, and that I knew, when
My heart was blinded by you.

I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

[2x]
Goodbye, my lover.
Goodbye, my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

-Good bye my lover, James Blunt

That's the end of my beloved KS3, but what can I do now? I mostly agree with the topic named Witness of Hotsailsmaui quality my sail have been destroyed multiple times (smashed panel, broken (mini)batten) against rocks (so not a "normal" wear and tear), but always very easy to replace/fix.

I love the feeling of the KS3 I used it in medium waves (perfect, perfect, perfect), small waves (perfect,  alas the board was not good enough), in freeride(how can we be so comfy during a session??), bnj, small wind, strong wind (0-35 knots), tandem, and some so-called freestyle.

I consider getting more into freestyle, but in the same time am scared to abandon the KS3 feeling hmm

However, Thank you Jeffrey, sailing with this green and white jewel was a great journey

PS: can't post links so I have to truncate the URL:
ht tps://drive.google.com/open?id=1HCP6kDcTZqBaGpGpMAUAVoKVtenHgDmk

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: What can I do now?

link do work for me..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think you need to have at least 10 posts in the forum to be able to post links

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ok see the pics...looks really bad...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doesn't look so bad. Jeff could fix that no problem. Cost of shipping on the other hand probably the reason to just buy another one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have a very good sailmaker near me, but he doesn't have slam-lam rolls neither does he have CHALLENGE® HSL1.5A (by the way, this material is really impressive, i sailed multiple times with a hole in it, the hole never grows since). And I'll still have to replace one batten, one mini-batten sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I agree that it looks quite repairable. The big tear doesn't go though the slam lam into the luff area. So once the panel is replaced, I suspect it will shape and handle quite a bit like the original since the luff area hasn't been affected. Won't be as light or strong, but it'll still be quite functional. I would get your sailmaker to do what he can do, and then just see what it's like. Worst case, you'll end up getting another KS3 and keep this one as a backup for the day your next one ends up looking the same way! Or use it for a teaching sail or trying some aggro freestyle moves that might put you into the sail and shred it again. But if this sail were mine, I'd get it fixed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down