Topic: found my Serenity

and the sail improves it

<image>

<image>

<image>

what a board

don't miss it

Last edited by Nico (2011-05-01 05:34:34)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: found my Serenity

Nico, you should really try the Serenity with a Superfreak. THEN total serenity will follow smile
Looks nice, how is the board to sail?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Imho I expected something very relaxing but not much more, but instead of it I've found a board that is really enjoying and and exciting and goes fast in the 4-10 knots range.
That means I can have windsurf sessions for a lot of days in Venice Lagoon during summer, that since ever is poor of winds over 10 knots in spring, summer and early autumn. Not to talk about the benefits for my c6-c7 spinal problems about a long Serenity session compared to a critical wave onshore session in Sottomarina (usually cold and often 3,7 sqm wind...).
The usual problems is about my "two semparate surfing worlds", whre is not easy to carry stuff in Venice and outside. So up to now the best sails were for the rest of the world, even if Serenity has somewhat changed the situation. My Superfreak 8 has... too many advantages, I mean one is that I can finally carry in my car the long roll of an 8,0 without much problems, as I can bend and crush the roll without problems, and somewhat hide it in the middle of the other shorter sails; in fact my previous Yes Move Slalom 8,0 is actually laying untouched since two years in my outside-Venice wharehouse!
And also rigging in shallow waters over the water surface preserved the old 1999 8,0 Stealth so well that now I've too much good Hot Sails to chose between! And the ultra long roll off the Stealth 8,0-1999 caused by top cuved battens is a nightmare inside a car, an advantege inside a boat because I can even use the sail sleeve for the mast. Anyway I'll try also the Superfreak in the future.
Coming back to the Serenity, name is pheraphs little wrong, gives to the market the impression of a so-quiet-so-slow board, but really is the only real world board that can be used by a medium skilled rider almost every day in beaches, lakes, etc., and It gives emotional feedback with 4-5+ knots!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … K:MEWAX:IT

Great opportunity for european guys to buy the imho best lightwind machine ever built. I don't think it will go over 1000 euro, pheraphs a lot lower, that means saving more than 1000 euros from actual price of the lighter and more pricy version

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yesterday another Serenity session. Starting from lowest wind, 3-4 was the BEST showed by windmeter. I rigged the 9,5 doubtfully.
I've also tested the strenght fo the sportech construction, as uphauiling the board started immediatly to move turning at 180' from wind, but being too close from squared boat stern I hitted its left corner with right side of bow, some panic but no real damages.
Board goes silently but with somewhat supernatural speed you ask yourself how is it possible. Then with the usual refreshing breeze of the evening, I mean not more than 6-7 gusty knots, things switch to a real emotional ride, believe me, alone riding in shallow waters toward the island of S. Francis of the Desert (not much changed since S. Francis itself lot of centuries ago, rest there some days before reaching Palestine) was really an emotional trip, with Serenity speeding up with the first long lulls.
I find incredible that Serenity isn't the most spoken about board of today, it's a revolution. Surely is the far best board and far useful ever ridden in my life, I only wish I have a safer back spine to make windsurf with it more and more days.

Last edited by Nico (2011-05-22 01:28:49)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

if you are in Europe Surf Keppler in Pforzheim, Germany should stilll have some new Mistral Ventura (343x72, 255 litres) at 350/400 euro, plus the mastfoot not original from Bic (remember to cut the nasty plastic wing to avoid  scratches ion eva surface), 40 euro. Good board to learn but also to use in every light wind place

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Interesting, and good pics. I should think an 8.5 Speed Freak would be the ticket for a Serenity.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I WANT TO BUILD MUSCLE FAST *AND* HAVE BEAUTIFUL FLOWING HAIR!!!

I WILL BUY YOUR SERENITY PRODUCT!!!  I WILL SEND A CASHIER'S CHECK FOR $5,000 THEN YOU SEND ME SERENITY HAIR & MUSCLE GROWING PRODUCT ALONG WITH THE $4,950 CHANGE.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MY NEW STRONGER MORE BEAUTIFUL SELF!!!

ooo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Despite it's a narrow board, Serenity can be used also like a SUP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVZm6ICI … mp;list=UL. Note that I'm a sup absolute beginner, so sorry for the ridicoulous paddle I'm using (and for the non-pro stance...), but was a first test. Imho the secret is using a long centrefin for anti-rolling device, and a large fin back for best directional stability.
Other tests soon... after finding a new engine for my boat (broken on the same evening...)

Thumbs up Thumbs down