Re: Thread for stuff unrelated to windsurfing

When Highlanders get bored with their sheep!   

This is not off color, anyone can view this
P.S. These guys are not retired electricians either!....But clearly they have too much time on their hands!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla … 7075685001

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mystery Bob wrote:

When Highlanders get bored with their sheep!   

This is not off color, anyone can view this
P.S. These guys are not retired electricians either!....But clearly they have too much time on their hands!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla … 7075685001

That is great, but DEFINITELY they don't have enough to do...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Aussies have done it again....

231-mph NH wind gust is no longer world's fastest

New Hampshire's Mount Washington has lost its distinction as the site of the fastest wind gust ever recorded on Earth, officials at the Mount Washington Observatory said Tuesday.  The concession came three days after the World Meteorological Organization posted a snippet on its Web site saying a panel of experts reviewing extreme weather and climate data

turned up a 253 mph gust on Australia's Barrow Island during Cyclone Olivia in 1996.

That tops the 231 mph record set atop Mount Washington on April 12, 1934.

"It's obviously a big disappointment. Having the world record for over six decades was such a part of the soul of this organization and for fans of Mount Washington around the country," said Scot Henley, the observatory's executive director.

The official title at issue is "highest wind gust ever recorded on the surface of the Earth by means of an anemometer." But to most people in New Hampshire, it was simply "the Big Wind," a source of pride.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ALL EUROPEAN LIFE DIED IN AUSCHWITZ   

The following is a copy of an article written by Spanish writer Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez and published in a Spanish newspaper on Jan. 15 2008.  It doesn't take much imagination to extrapolate the message to the rest of Europe - and possibly to the rest of the world. 

=====================================================

REMEMBER AS YOU READ -- IT WAS IN A SPANISH PAPER 
Date: Tue, 15 January 2008 14:30:20 -0500 

ALL EUROPEAN LIFE DIED IN AUSCHWITZ 
By Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez 

I walked down the street in Barcelona, and suddenly discovered a terrible truth - Europe died in Auschwitz..  We killed six million Jews and replaced them with 20 million Muslims.  In Auschwitz we burned a culture, thought, creativity, talent.  We destroyed the chosen people, truly chosen, because they produced great and wonderful people who changed the world. 

The contribution of this people is felt in all areas of life: science, art, international trade, and above all, as the conscience of the world.  These are the people we burned. 

And under the pretense of tolerance, and because we wanted to prove to ourselves that we were cured of the disease of racism, we opened our gates to 20 million Muslims, who brought us stupidity and ignorance, religious extremism and lack of tolerance, crime and poverty, due to an unwillingness to work and support their families with pride. 

They have blown up our trains and turned our be autiful Spanish cities into the third world, drowning in filth and crime. 

Shut up in the apartments they receive free from the government, they plan the murder and destruction of their naive hosts. 

And thus, in our misery, we have exchanged culture for fanatical hatred, creative skill for destructive skill, intelligence for backwardness and superstition. 

We have exchanged the pursuit of peace of the Jews of Europe and their talent for for a better future for their children, their determined clinging to life because life is holy, for those who pursue death, for people consumed by the desire for death for themselves and others, for our children and theirs. 

What a terrible mistake was made by miserable Europe . 

A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves. 

Absolutely No Profiling! Pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. 

These events are actual events from history. They really happened!  Do you remember? 

HERE'S THE TEST 

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was sho t and killed by: 
a. Superman 
b. Jay Leno 
c. Harry Potter 
d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40   

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by : 
a. Olga Corbett 
b. Sitting Bull 
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger 
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by: 
a. Lost Norwegians 
b. Elvis 
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women 
d . Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by: 
a. John Dillinger 
b. The King of Sweden   
c. The Boy Scouts   

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by: 
a. A pizza delivery boy 
b. Pee Wee Herman 
c. Geraldo Rivera 

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by: 
a. The Smurfs 
b. Davey Jones 
c. The Little Mermaid 

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by: 
a. Captain 20 Kidd 
b. Charles Lindberg 
c. Mother Teresa 

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by: 
a. Scooby Doo 
b. The Tooth Fairy 
c. The Sundance Kid 
d. Muslim male 20 extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by: 
a. Richard Simmons 
b. Grandma Moses 
c. Michael Jordan 

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by: 
a. Mr. Rogers 
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems 
c. The World Wrestling Federation 

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Penta gon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. 
Thousands of people were killed by: 
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd 
b. The Supreme Court of Florida 
c. Mr Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against: 
a. Enron 
b. The Lutheran Church   
c. The NFL 

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by: 
a. Bonnie and Clyde   
b. Captain Kangaroo 
c. Billy Graham 
d. Muslim male 20 extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 

No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?  So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people.. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling. 

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other dunder-headed attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense. 

As the writer of the award winning story 'Forrest Gump' so aptly put it, 'Stupid is as stupid does.'

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I didn't write this but whoever did grew up like we did.

Subject: Fast Food??

Someone asked the other day, 'What was your favorite fast food when you were growing up?''We di dn't have fast food when I was growing up,' I informed him. 'All the food was slow.' 'C'mon, seriously. Where did you eat?' 'It was a place called 'at home,'' I explained! 'Mom cooked every day and when Dad got home from work, we sat down together at the dining room table, and if I didn't like what she put on my plate I was allowed to sit there until I did like it.'
By this time, the kid was laughing so hard I was afraid he was going to suffer serious internal damage, so I didn't tell him the part about how I had to have permission to leave the table. But here are some other things I would have told him about my childhood if I figured his system could have handled it:
Some parents NEVER owned their own house, wore Levis, set foot on a golf course, traveled out of the country or had a credit card. In their later years they had something called a revolving charge card. The card was good only at Sears Roebuck. Or maybe it was Sears & Roebuck. Either way, there is no Roebuck anymore. Maybe he died.
My parents never drove me to soccer practice. This was mostly because we never had heard of soccer. I had a bicycle that weighed probably 50 pounds, and only had one speed, (slow). We didn't have a television in our house until I was 5. It was, of course, black and white, and the station went off the air at midnight, after playing the national anthem and a poem about God; it came back on the air at about 6 a.m. and there was usually a locally produced news and farm show on, featuring local people.
I was 13 before I tasted my first pizza, it was called 'pizza pie.' When I bit into it, I burned the roof of my mouth and the cheese slid off, swung down, plastered itself against my chin and burned that, too. It's still the best pizza I ever had.
We didn't have a car until I was 4. It was an old black Dodge.
I never had a telephone in my room The only phone in the house was in the living room and it was on a party line. Before you could dial, you had to listen and make sure some people you didn't know weren't already using the line.
Pizzas were not delivered to our home. But milk was. We also had an egg man who sometimes brought strawberries.
All newspapers were delivered by boys and all boys delivered newspapers --my brother delivered a newspaper, six days a week. It cost 7 cents a paper, of which he got to keep 2 cents. He had to get up at 6AM every morning. On Saturday, he had to collect the 42 cents from his customers. His favorite customers were the one s who gave him 50 cents and told him to keep the change. His least favorite customers were the ones who seemed to never be home on collection day
Movie stars kissed with their mouths shut. At least, they did in the movies. There were no movie ratings because all movies were responsibly produced for everyone to enjoy viewing, without profanity or violence or most anything offensive.
If you grew up in a generation before there was fast food, you may want to share some of these memories with your children or grandchildren. Just don't blame me if they bust a gut laughing.
Growing up isn't what it used to be, is it? I cried like a baby when i read this.

MEMORIES from a friend:
My Dad is cleaning out my grandmother's house (she died in December) and he brought me an old Royal Crown Cola bottle. In the bottle top was a stopper with a bunch of holes in it. I knew immediately what it was, but my daughter had no idea. She thought they had tried to make it a salt shaker or something. I knew it as the bottle that sat on the end of the ironing board to 'sprinkle' clothes with because we didn't have steam irons. Man, I am old.
How many do you remember?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kseniya Simonova's Amazing Sand Drawing
Her art depicts the russian loss during the war when 11 million died. It is so good it can make you cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=vOhf3OvRXKg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"As good as this bar here is," said the Scotsman, "I still prefer the pubs back home. In Glasgow. There's a wee place called McTavish's where the landlord goes out of his way for the locals. When you buy four drinks, he'll buy the fifth drink."

"Well, Angus," said the Englishman, “at my local in London , the Red Lion, the barman will buy you your third drink after you buy the first two."

"Ahhh, dat's nothin'," said the Irishman, "back home in my favourite pub,the moment you set foot in the place, they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like, actually. Then, when you've had enough drinks, they'll take you upstairs and see dat you gets laid, all on the house!"

The Englishman and Scotsman were suspicious of the claims. The Irishman swore every word was true.

“Did this actually happen to you?"

"Not meself, personally, no," admitted the Irishman, “but it did happen to me sister quite a few times.”

Thumbs up Thumbs down

<image>
"When I was a lad, Momma would send me down to the corner store with a dollar bill, and I'd come back with five pounds of potatoes, two loaves of bread, three pints of milk, a pound of cheese, a packet of tea, and a half dozen eggs.   You can't do that now. Too many damm security cameras."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

<image>

His request approved, the CNN News photographer quickly used a cell phone to call the local airport to charter a flight. He was told a twin-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.

Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a hanger. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and shouted, 'Let's go'. The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind and took off.

Once in the air, the photographer instructed the pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures of the fires on the hillsides.' 'Why?' asked the pilot. 'Because I'm a photographer for CNN' , he responded, 'and I need to get some close up shots.'

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered, 'So, what you're telling me, is . . . You're NOT my flight instructor?'

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

<image>

When you're from the country ~ you look at things a little differently...

A Montana rancher got in his pickup and drove to a neighboring ranch and knocked at the door. A young boy, about 9, opened the door "Is your Dad home?" the rancher asked. "No sir, he isn't," the boy replied. "He went into town."   "Well," said the rancher, "Is your Mother here?"  "No sir, she's not here either. She went into town with Dad."  "How about your brother, Howard? Is he here?"  "No sir, He went with Mom and Dad."  The rancher stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other and mumbling to himself.  "Is there anything I can do for you?" the boy asked politely. "I know where all the tools are, if you want to borrow one. Or maybe I could take a message for Dad."  "Well," said the rancher uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to your Dad.  It's about your brother Howard getting my daughter, Suzie, pregnant."' The boy considered for a moment. "You would have to talk to Pa about that,"  he finally conceded. "If it helps you any, I know that Pa charges $500 for the bull and $50 for the hog, but I really don't know how much he gets for Howard."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

<image>
Some good ol' boys were working up on a cell phone tower.  As they start their descent, Cooter slips, falls off the tower and is killed instantly. As the ambulance takes the body away, Ronnie says, 'Well, shucks, someone should go and tell his wife.
Donnie says, 'OK, I'm pretty good at that sensitive stuff, I'll do it.' Two hours later, he comes back carrying a case of Budweiser.
Ronnie says, 'Where did you get that beer, Donnie?'
'Cooter's wife gave it to me,' Ronnie replies.
'That's unbelievable, you told the lady her husband was dead and she gave you beer?' 'Well, not exactly', Donnie says. 'When she answered the door,  I said to her, "you must be Cooter's widow."
She said, 'You must be mistaken,  I'm not a widow.' Then I said, 'I'll bet you a case of Budweiser you are.'

Rednecks are good at sensitive stuff.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A big earthquake with the strength of 8.1 on the Richter scale has hit Pakistan. Two million Pakistanis have died and over a million are injured. The country is totally ruined and the government doesn't know
where to start with providing help to rebuild.

The rest of the world is in shock. The USA is sending troops to help. Saudi Arabia is sending oil. Latin American countries are sending supplies. New Zealand is sending sheep, cattle and food crops. The Asian continents are sending labour to assist in rebuilding infrastructure. Australia is sending medical teams and supplies.

Canadians, not to be outdone, are sending two million replacement Pakistanis.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

not irrelevant:  words of founding father Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson 

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.   Thomas Jefferson   

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.   Thomas Jefferson       

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.   Thomas Jefferson   

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.   Thomas Jefferson   

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   Thomas Jefferson   

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.   Thomas Jefferson   

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.   Thomas Jefferson   

Thomas  Jefferson said in 1802: 'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/jefferson/banks.asp

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well newfreakuser (nice sail brah)..., you are correct that Snopes says nay to this one,
[though Jefferson certainly exprssed distain and mistrust of banking institutions and paper currency on many occasions, this particular quotation bears all the halmarks of being a retroquote...] but theirs is also just an educated guess since nobody knows who really made the quote  or when;

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/jefferson … ff1325.htm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My favorite US presidential quote is of course 'Some people are weather wise, but most are otherwise”. Benjamin Franklin - wise man

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good quote from a Founding Father! I hate to say it, but Franklin wasn't a US President! No harm, though, as I suspect you can name more US Presidents than I can name UK and French Prime Ministers!!

As to Jefferson's belief in the blood refreshing the tree of Liberty, I fear the recent Supreme Court ruling has just about guaranteed that muskets will rise again someday, this time against the corporate aristocracy that the court has so empowered.

Sad thing, that America should arise from the rejection of aristocratic rule, only to have to re-live the struggle. Instead of royalty being the enemy, now it will be Wal-Mart, Bank of America, Microsoft, Google, et al.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Geoff, it will b a shame that we have to fight again after the bad choices of leaders and directions that have been followed here, but I believe the power has been removed from the common man to have control.

THE MOTEL

When I checked into my motel I said to the lady at the desk, "I hope the porn channel in my room is disabled."

"No," she said, "it's regular porn, you sick bastard."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BarryFest 2010!

BarryFest is Mana'o Radio's biggest fundraiser of the year. It will be an all-day musical extravaganza on Sunday, March 7, at Keopuolani Park Amphitheater, 150 Kanaloa Avenue, across from War Memorial Stadium. Free parking is available at the War Memorial parking lot.

BarryFest 2010 will start at 11 AM and go all the way till sunset, featuring an awesome array of talent:

Amy Hanaiali'i
     John Cruz
     The Vince Esquire Band
     Erin Smith and the Throwdowns
     The Mana'o Radio Orchestra with Jimi Lee from Austin, TX 
     Soul Concepts
     Mojo Gumbo
     Dr. Nat & Rio Ritmo
     Haiku Hillbillys
     The Jazz Cafe Regulators
     Gail Swanson The Hula Honeys
     The Trio: Dorothy Betz, Les Adam & Vince Esquire
      Eddie Tanaka & Friends

Admission for this all-day outdoor musical event is only $25 for adults, $15 for keiki (age 5-12) and kupuna (over 65). No presale tickets will be sold.

Come early to get your spot on the lawn, bring your blankets and low chairs and plan to spend the whole day listening and dancing to some of the best music anywhere.

Enjoy great music in the wildly eclectic spirit of Mana'o Radio, a silent auction, CD and logowear sales, great food and more!

Proceeds from BarryFest 2010 will help to ensure the survival of Mana'o Radio, KEAO-LP 91.5 FM, one of the last free-form live radio stations in the country. So be sure to mark your calendar and come be part of Maui's future in radio and music!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, THE MORE THE MERRIER!

See ya there!

Aloha,
Dorothy Betz and the
Mana?o Radio Volunteers

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A psychiatrist was conducting a group therapy session with four young mothers and their small children. "You all have obsessions," he observed.

To the first mother, Mary, he said, "You are obsessed with eating.  You've even named your daughter Candy."

He turned to the second Mom, Ann: "Your obsession is with money. Again, it manifests itself in your child's name, Penny."

He turned to the third Mom, Joyce: "Your obsession is alcohol. This too shows itself in your child's name, Brandy."

At this point, the fourth mother, Kathy, quietly got up, took her little boy by the hand, and whispered, "Come on, Dick, this guy has no idea what he's talking about. Let's pick up Peter and Willy from school and go get dinner.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Up in the land of Tormod:
Norway doomsday seed vault hits 1/2 million mark
OSLO, Norway – Two years after receiving its first deposits, a "doomsday" seed vault on an Arctic island has amassed half a million seed samples, making it the world's most diverse repository of crop seeds, the vault's operators announced Thursday.
Cary Fowler — who heads the trust that oversees the seed collection, which is 620 miles (1,000 kilometers) from the North Pole, said the facility now houses at least one-third of the world's crop seeds.
"In my lifetime, I don't think we'll go over 1.5 million. I'd be rather surprised if we go over a million," Fowler told The Associated Press. "At that point, we'd have all the diversity in the world ... and the most secure samples."
Located in Norway's remote Svalbard archipelago, the Svalbard Global Seed Vault is a safeguard against wars or natural disasters wiping out food crops around the globe. It was opened in 2008 as a master backup to the world's other 1,400 seed banks, in case their deposits are lost.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

An old prospector shuffled into town leading an old tired mule. 

The old man headed straight for the only saloon to clear his parched throat. 
He walked up and tied his old mule to the hitch rail.  As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.
The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, have you ever danced?" The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No, I never did dance... Never really wanted to."
A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said,  "Well, you old fool, you're gonna dance now," and started shooting at the old man's feet.

The old prospector --not wanting to get a toe blown off-- started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet.  Everybody was laughing, fit to be tied.
When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.
The old man turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double-barreled shotgun, and cocked both hammers. 
The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air.
The crowd stopped laughing immediately. 
The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly.  The silence was almost deafening. 
The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin barrels.
The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he quietly said, "Son, have you ever licked a mule's ass?"
The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir..... But... I've always wanted to."

There are a few lessons for us all here:
Never be arrogant.
Don't waste ammunition.
Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.
Always, always make sure you know who has the power.
Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

<image>

Defence Attorney:
Will you please state your age?

Little Old Lady:
I am 94 years old..

Defense Attorney:
Will you tell us, in your own words, what happened the night of April 1st?

Little Old Lady:
There I was, sitting there in my swing on my front porch on a warm spring evening,   when a young man comes creeping up on the porch and sat down beside me.

Defense Attorney:
Did you know him?

Little Old Lady:
No, but he sure was friendly.

Defense Attorney:
What happened after he sat down?

Little Old Lady:
He started to rub my thigh.

Defense Attorney:
Did you stop him?

Little Old Lady:
No, I didn't stop him.

Defense Attorney:
Why not?

Little Old Lady:
It felt good. Nobody had done that since my Albert died some 30 years ago.

Defense Attorney:
What happened next?

Little Old Lady:
He began to rub my breasts.

Defense Attorney:
Did you stop him then?

Little Old Lady:
No, I did not stop him.

Defense Attorney:
Why not?

Little Old Lady:
His rubbing made me feel all alive and excited. I haven't felt that good in years!

Defense Attorney:
What happened next?

Little Old Lady:
Well, by then, I was feeling so 'spicy' that I just laid down and told him
'Take me, young man. Take me now!'

Defense Attorney:
Did he take you?

Little Old Lady:
Hell, no! He just yelled, ' April Fool!' And that's when I shot him, the little bastard

Last edited by Mystery Bob (2010-04-10 21:34:39)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It is a slow day in the small Saskatchewan town of Pumphandle and streets are deserted.

Times are tough, everybody is in debt and living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times

and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.
The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment, the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything.

No one earned anything.

However, the whole town is now out of debt and looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a "stimulus package" works

Last edited by Mystery Bob (2010-12-23 18:07:29)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

power of reggae to control an unruly child:

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2010/11/09

Thumbs up Thumbs down