Topic: The new Windsurfer LT
Have anyone tried this?
This is a new board designed by Bruce Wylie and made by Cobra, as an upgrade to the Original Windsurfer, and made so it can be branded by other companies, Starboard and Exocet have already done this and Naish should bring theirs to market soon.
http://www.windsurfingukmag.co.uk/cobra … t-concept/
The Starboard one:
It was introduced and used during the just finalized Windsurfer Worlds on Lake Garda, Italy
https://www.surfertoday.com/windsurfing … -champions
Will be a perfekt match to a SummerFreak instead of the class legal sail/rig
I'm looking in to this due to the simplicity, but so far my personal take on the pros and cons is;
- Light weight ~15 kg - much lighter than my Mistral Comp by ~8 kg
- Simple - no footstraps, sliding masttrack etc.
- Performance - is apparently fast and will plane (see the video from the Worlds)
- Interesting price point (apparantly an introduction offer?)
- Perfect learning platform
- Another huge board to transport
- High risk of overlapping my other longboards
- The rig is old school, but needed if you want to compete! - the board can be bought without it though
This is a serious competitor to the Kona, but more simple...
(Had a Kona and sold it again, as the it's to much of a compromise board...!)
The AHD Tactik is an other contender with no straps
And apparently there is an other short raceboard by Bruce Kendall in the making/production; https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Win … all?page=1