Topic: Foil Sail..?

Hi Jeff,

any more info about the foil sail...specs..etc.. available etc...

thanks in advance

uwe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Foil Sail..?

<image>
2019 SuperFly foil sail. Very high aspect design for use with all types of foils. Designed with a tight tight leech and extra long luff and leech this shape delivered huge get up and go power, then can be shut down by sheeting out once up on foil without disturbing the pitch of the foil.
Put those old long masts to use again! The 7.0m rigs on a 490 and SDM or RDM is fine. The extreme boom angle allows to sailing with nearly no aft rake yet feels like a slalom sail position when powered up. This sail was developed by myself, Bruno Andre at AFS/AHD and Tom Hammerton over the last FIVE YEARS, so we are quite ahead of the curve when it comes to foil sail design.
Sizes currently are 5.5m, 7.0m and 8.0m and will be in stock on Maui in September and other countries later in the year.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

<image>
<image>
<image>
<image>

Thumbs up Thumbs down

thanks...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Jeff

What are the designed windrange for the different sizes?

Is it the same with these, with the 1,5-2 sqm smaller than for regular windsurfing or do the additional power have an influence?

Oh, and availability in other colours/custom colours or plans thereof?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good question. the 5.5m has been used in the gorge and NZ mostly in medium winds 10-25. The 7.0m Bruno has sailed in a lot of wind and I have used in 8-15, but have not felt overpowered really. The 8.0m Bruno uses down to near zero- not sure what wind he gets up in, I will ask.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks - saw on Instagram that he uses the 8.0 in 6-12 knt... (small video from AHD)

Just thought that you had designed it to be used in certain windranges?

Will it be available in other colours (or custom?)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Currently in stock in All white, or all Yellow.
You can always ask, but the 2 mil xply we use we only have these colors now. Pockets and mast sleeve and other parts could be custom.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down