Topic: The lion arrives

Finally, the Sealion has been delivered. I can't wait to try it! If I hadn't watched Burns and Gurra wavesailing these, I'd thought they'd never turn...

<image>

A bit wide, innit? And the old Pure Acid (2006 86. Used as my kids desk last year. Loved that board but she's a bit bashed up (not seen in this pic, but got about 6 holes). Maybe I should fix her again...) ain't exactly thin either, at 59cm's

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The lion arrives

wink

yellow is the best!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I did a run on it on Saturday, flat water sailing and marginal wind for my 5.3 UL. Do you have any tips on how to get it planing early? I think I needed to be quite far back and really push it forward through my toes, when a gust came.

btw, OMG it turns! wink And the way it turned, shit! Did never think that was possible on such a wide board. More surfboard than windsurfing  smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

HI Niclas,

you need to change your fins for flat water freeride. Use 21cm flexy ones.
Originals fins are surf fins.
Put them max in the front of the box!
mast track max to the back!

Bruno

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks! Any suggestion of fins? Hmmm, not going to be easy to find a pair of used ones that are alike. aaaargh, my wallet hurts if I am to buy new ones smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I personnaly use Select Pro Wave 21,5cm for freeride sessions.
In waves I use original fins.
wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How come a flex-fin is needed in a straight line and stiff fins for waves? I thought felx fins was used for offshore DTL conditions?! Not using straight fins at all then?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

An flexible fin might give you more lift?
That helps planing altough i wonder it would work with such small finns.
With really biggggg finns it works for sure: See this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcXkl2I4 … re=related  . Thats how how much a Formulafin flexxes and lifts the board out of the water.

An expensive option: i tried one last year with 2 Mufin wave 22cm finns (no twist at all), that was a serious performance boost for the planing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for the tip Jeroen

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The lion has been there awhile.

How's it working????

Thumbs up Thumbs down