Re: Thread for stuff unrelated to windsurfing

Two words for you, Bob.

Cardiac rehab.

It's what I do, and is one of the best bangs for the buck in all of medicine. Please just go, so I can continue to enjoy your photos.

Hey, all you guys on Maui, be careful out there!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Watch this video http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853
I agree with this guy.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MadRussian wrote:

I agree with this guy.

I agree with his every word too Andrew. And the founding fathers are rolling over in their graves...
to Geoff: yes; eating right, exercising and I'll make my appointments and follow the rehab details. Thanks
<image>

Thumbs up Thumbs down

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cnRXmMn … re=related[/youtube]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

proof that aliens inhabit little human bodies....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfKAPGf … re=related[/youtube]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other driver got out of his car. You know how sometimes you just get soooo stressed and little things just seem funny? Yeah, well I couldn't believe it.... he was a DWARF!!! He stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted,  "I AM NOT HAPPY!!!" So, I looked down at him and said, "Well, then which one are you?" And then the fight started.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

After 12 years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes.. He said, "No hablo Ingles."

I celebrated Thanksgiving in the old-fashioned American way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.

Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.

I was making love to this girl and she started crying. I said, "Are you going to hate yourself in the morning?" She said. "No. I hate myself now."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The first man married a woman from NEW MEXICO.  He told her that she was to do the dishes and house cleaning.  It took a couple of days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house and dishes washed and put away.

The second man married a woman from UTAH.  He gave his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking.  The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was better.  By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were done and there was a huge dinner on the table.

The third man married a girl from HAWAII.  He ordered her to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot meals on the table for every meal.  He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye, and his arm was healed enough that he could fix himself a sandwich and load the dishwasher.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

people around the world dancing makes you feel good and very global:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080722.html

Thumbs up Thumbs down

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjkv29Y5NhE[/youtube]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

cheesesteak<image>

Last edited by Mystery Bob (2009-03-22 08:28:27)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Windsurfing ... corporate style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM3JESK2 … re=related
Yep. I do that sometimes too. ;-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

War: Does anybody know a valid reason that we should piss off the Taliban (uniting the Pakistanis with the Afghans) and send another 18,000 troops into Afghanistan or is it just more of the same old bullshit under Obama as Bush? Also, what's good about Obama's new budget (deficit) that is four times greater than the one under Bush? Who knows WTF is going on? Woe is me!

Last edited by Mystery Bob (2009-03-27 12:12:42)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Stop. The last post was my brother using my computer. I don't do politics any longer. They can want a new world order and I won't give a shit......
<image>

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You're an 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 to 1. The enemy fire is so intense from 100 or 200 yards away that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the Medi-Vac helicopters to stop coming in. You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half-way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day. Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey. It doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.
Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come. He's coming anyway. And he drops it in, sits there in the machine gun fire, and they load 2 or 3 of you on board. Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.
He kept coming back.... 13 more times. He took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman, died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise, ID. I'll guess you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch about some Hip-Hop Coward beating the crap out of his "girlfriend."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

that was a good post bob!.. It made me think.

if it was possible they should sent a "hiphop cowerd" into that hell. wonder how "tough" they would be overthere..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

40 Tips for a Powerful New Year from Open Your Third Eye e-group

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.

3. Buy a Tivo (DVR), tape your late night shows and get more sleep.

4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to ___________ today."

5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.

6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.

7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, qigong and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.

8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.

9. Dream more while you are awake.

10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured in plants.

11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.

12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new flowing energy into your life.

14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a  college kid with a maxed out charge card.

17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.

18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

22. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

24. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie.  Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"

27. Forgive everyone everything.

28. What other people think of you is none of your business.

29. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

32. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

34. The best is yet to come.

35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

36. Do the right thing!

37. Call your mother and father often.

38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for __________." Today I accomplished _________.

39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jose and Carlos are beggars. They beg in different areas of town..

Carlos begs for the same amount of time as Jose, but only collects about eight or nine dollars a day. Jose bring home a suitcase full of ten dollar bills every day, he drives a Mercedes, lives in a mortgage-free house, and has a lot of money to spend.

"Hey, amigo," Carlos says to Jose, "I work just as long and hard as you do, so how come you bring home a suitcase full of ten dollar bills everyday?"

Jose says, "Look at your sign, what does it say?"

Carlo's sign reads; "I have no work, a wife and six kids to support."

"What's wrong with that?" Carlos asks him.

"No wonder you only get eight or nine dollars a day!"

Carlo's says, "Alright, what do your sign say?"

It reads, "I only need another ten dollars to get back to Mexico ."

Last edited by Mystery Bob (2009-04-02 08:46:09)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

University of California San Diego:
Earlier this month, about 17,000 students were offered admission for the fall, leaving nearly 29,000 hopefuls out in the cold. But the school's communications office sent an email Monday afternoon to all 46,377 students who applied for admission -- including the 29,000 rejects -- welcoming them to the campus. A half-hour later, school officials said, they realized their mistake. Almost two hours after the first note went out, a second e-mail was sent, apologizing to 28,889 freshmen applicants for the mistake.
"No member of this department is more acutely aware of the emotional roller-coaster that this could cause for our applicants," Assistant Vice Chancellor Mae W. Brown said.
An anonymous parent told the Los Angeles Times it was a "colossal screw-up."
Similar incidents have happened at other schools -- including Cornell in the recent past, the paper reported -- but the UCSD incident was the biggest"screw-up."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A very enjoyable show if you love high performance automobiles presented with magnificent British humor is called Top Gear. The episode with Nick Mason of Pink Floyd is a good one
http://www.topgear.com/us/videos/more/enzo-vs-zonda/
<image>

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jake Miller posted this wonderful video on Facebook. It's called epuron - the power of wind

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IjUkNmUcHc[/youtube]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Staying true to the thread title, Ricardo Campello is unrelated to windsurfing as it is commonly known. A Maui Fin Company team rider since he was 14 years old.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E58TGTk19QU[/youtube]

Last edited by Mystery Bob (2009-05-08 21:31:19)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Wal-Mart parking lots shine like harbors, plied by supertanker RV's"

Mountain Gazette

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey Bob,

That video was from Pozo last year. Maybe he will make one this year!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Dear God, this year please send clothes for all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer, Amen."

Thumbs up Thumbs down